Thursday, January 14, 2010

Swimming and Flying

Chase's swim meet went well. He did not finish last in any event, but he did not win an event either. He finished 8th in the 50 yard backstroke. He recieved his ribbon yesterday. He was quite pleased to get the ribbon. It is a relief to have the first one over. Now we all know what to expect. Sometimes it is the unknown that causes the most stress.

I bought my plane ticket to return to Tanzania this summer. I will be gone from June 14-26th. I am really excited. I am flying Ethopian Air. I have heard great things about this airlines. My friend Ann has traveled with them and raves about their good service and good food. I will be staying with my family again. In an email I recieved from Goodluck, he stated, "my room is ready for me". It will be so great to see my family again. This time we are going to be put to work (by our own choice) I am not sure what I will be doing, but something fun I am sure. I could spend some time at the orphanage, a school or the rehabilitation center. It will be fantastic. Our group will safari for two days at the end. Our group will be great. I am excited about spending time with my friends too. I feel so blessed to have such unwavering support from Mark and the boys. It is alot to organize and he is willing to let me chase my passions and dreams. I could not ask for more.

Have a great Thursday.
love
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Lisa...I was just thinking about you this afternoon and wondering how you are. I admire your passion for Tanzania and am happy to see that things seem to be going fairly well out in Delaware. Todd just turned down an interview out in Seattle...if you can believe it, I was actually ok about going out there, at least for the short term. He was the one that was against it! I think about you often, and miss you a lot at work. (: Things are really weird there right now...it's not my favorite place to be. Lots of tension, anxiety, and even anger about the new hospital. Kind of sucks, but I'm sure we'll all get through it. Take care and miss you!!! Jill H.

    ReplyDelete