Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

We returned on Saturday morning early from our trip to WI. We were gone for one week. We all had a nice time. It is strange to be in WI for an extended period of time and not have a place to call "home." We loved staying with our parents, but combining four adults and three boys can take some getting used to. Over all it was a great time. Jack got to go to Mrs. Oates class for a day. He just fits right in, like he has not missed a day all school year. He also got to have a playdate with his best buddy, Jackson. Ben got to play with his best buddies- Cade and Simon. I am amazed at how these boys have maintained a strong friendship at young ages. I know Jack and Ben talk about their WI friends all the time. Chase was able to play with three friends from school. It was awesome for him to see his friends, but it makes him miss being in WI even more. Mark and the boys spend a few days on the farm. It was great for all of them to get some exercise and fresh air. Daisy went with them and she had a great time. She slept great every night she was there. I was able to see some friends and have some "mom" time, which is always great. I went to my "old work" for lunch. Seeing my friends at Sports Medicine makes me miss them and the job I loved to do for 14 years. I was able to see my friend Michelle. We had a great time dining at The Melting Pot and then seeing New Moon. What a fabulous time we had. I am so blessed to feel so loved and welcomed by my family and friends in WI.

We got our christmas tree on Saturday. It is the biggest tree we have ever had. It is over 12 feet tall and super wide. I have always loved decorating for Christmas. It will be extra fun decorating a new house this year.

I hope all had a great Thanksgiving.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment